The tax collector’s office acts as the collecting agency for numerous government bodies, including the public school district, the fire district, and Gloucester County.
Taxes are due quarterly: August 1, November 1, February 1, May 1
Payments can be made at any time and will be posted to your account.
Tax bills are mailed out every July for 3rd and 4th quarters of the current year and 1st and 2nd quarters for the following year. Failure to receive a tax bill does not exempt you from paying taxes or the interest due on delinquent taxes.
- There is a 10 day grace period. If the 10th falls on a weekend/holiday, the grace period is extended to the next business day.
- Please be advised that payments must be received in the Tax Office on or before the last day of the grace period – postmarks are not permitted. Postdated checks will be returned.
- You can sign up on our home page for email notification to remind you of the tax due dates (www.townshipnj.com).
- By cash or check at the tax office, 523 Egg Harbor Rd., Sewell, during normal business hours or by mailing a check to the Township of Washington, Tax Office, at P. O. Box 1106, Turnersville, NJ 08012. There is also a drop box in the parking lot for after business hours. The box is emptied every morning – payments dropped off after 8 am will be credited to the next business day.
- To pay by credit, debit or e-check you can access the web payment portal at www.townshipnj.com. Please be advised that the payment processing company charges a convenience fee. A fee of $1.05 for an e-check (you enter your bank routing number and account number), $3.95 for Visa debit cards and for credit cards a fee of 2.95% will be assessed on your total bill.
2nd Quarter Tax payments are due May 1st with a grace period through May 10th
Click here to pay your taxes online